Grizzly T27978 - 50-Ton Air/Hydraulic Shop Press

2019 ж. 28 Мам.
51 653 Рет қаралды

This is my review of the Grizzly T27978 - 50-Ton Air/Hydraulic Shop Press. I purchased this press and plan to use it as a press break. For more information on where you can purchase one check out Grizzly T27978 - 50-Ton Air/Hydraulic Shop Press

Пікірлер
  • I've been tossing around purchasing one of these presses for a week. You have helped very much. THANK YOU!!! Awesome Video!

@kevent-fo4rl@kevent-fo4rl4 жыл бұрын
  • Great demonstration! Thanks for the video! Thumbs up!

@themotofixery@themotofixery4 жыл бұрын
  • Man Richard your shop is getting cooler and cooler 👍

@andrewgilford7861@andrewgilford78615 жыл бұрын
    • Thanks! You and Damian need to come over some time and do some forging! :)

@BecksArmory@BecksArmory5 жыл бұрын
  • Maintain the good work and bringing in the crowd!

@markjenkins1217@markjenkins12174 жыл бұрын
  • Fantastic comprehensive review

@Nate-cw7of@Nate-cw7of Жыл бұрын
    • Glad you liked it!

@BecksArmory@BecksArmory Жыл бұрын
  • Good review. Electric over hydraulic is the way to go with a 10.000 psi pump with hand control and foot control.

@7863348@78633484 жыл бұрын
  • also the blocks are probaly sent soft so hobbyists dont turn them into grenades

@ethanwebb1666@ethanwebb16664 жыл бұрын
  • Thanks for the video.

@r.pthilakarathne3643@r.pthilakarathne36433 жыл бұрын
  • Thank you for your video. This thing is, as we say in Aust. 'not worth two squirts of piss!' What a waste of one's hard earned money. Many thanks for your appraisal. Is there a sticker saying 'Made in Hurry'? I certainly won't be in a hurry to buy one.

@colincunningham1902@colincunningham19029 ай бұрын
  • Looking at the effect on 1" steel, one can have an awed appreciation for the engineering behind a heavy equipment semi-trailer.

@johnbuffum6135@johnbuffum6135 Жыл бұрын
  • Can you tell me the type of C-Channel they used for the carriage and top part? The height, width, and web thickness. I am planning on making my own press. Thanks!

@craigsmachineshop2040@craigsmachineshop20402 жыл бұрын
  • your gauge is in METRIC tons. so, 45 metric tons is almost 50 SAE tons

@stwicks77@stwicks773 жыл бұрын
  • Looks like I may need to rethink my 50 ton air assisted bottle jack forging press.....

@samcoon6699@samcoon66993 жыл бұрын
  • Great video ! Do you think overall a 20 ton press will it be enough?

@cincomorales@cincomorales4 жыл бұрын
    • for most things yes but i"m happy that I got the larger 50 ton press even though it only ended up being a 45 ton press. I have some future plans to beef it up a bit. :)

@BecksArmory@BecksArmory4 жыл бұрын
  • At those kinds of pressures it's probably a good thing it's slow.

@Z287899@Z2878994 жыл бұрын
  • 👍Nice press

@majorpayne5289@majorpayne52894 жыл бұрын
  • I just purchased a very similar press and the manual clearly states that the pump has to be filled and bled before using it. I don't know if you did that but that ratcheting sound might be air pockets resonating through your lines. The fact that it bends your bed plates proves that the machine is powerful and that you are simply abusing this equipment. The press is engineered to press on material that will move under the load applied by the ram. The bed plates are mild steel so will bend and not shatter, otherwise would be extremely dangerous. You not only bent the plates but the bed as well. I am a machine builder/ fitter by trade for about 30 years and have worked with everything from 1 ton hand presses up to 200 ton hydraulic presses. Respect all machines for what they were designed to do, maintain them and always be prepared to make your own improvements if necessary. When I got this for my home shop I fully expected to modify it, I paid about the same as you did and am very happy with it. Your negative comments on this machine are unjustified.

@saxonforge@saxonforge Жыл бұрын
    • I didn't think I was being all that negative. I'm a professional machine designer. I design presses, custom machines, and lights out robotic cells. When I design a press I do FEA to ensure it does not not experience plastic deformation. The bed plates could be 4140 PH and they would be 3x stronger and still never "shatter" I realize for the price I paid I'm not gonna get 4140 PH bed plates. They could have used tube steel for the press bed instead of C-Channel. The fact that their own press bed that they designed when used with their supplied bed plates experiences plastic deformation is a total engineering fail! As a machine builder I would think you would agree with this. Unless you work for Grizzly or something...

• Also I do still like this press. I've made other videos about it that say as much. I have a whole playlist built around this press...

• Dzieki

@JanBubienko@JanBubienko4 жыл бұрын
  • Sooooooo, why wouldn't you rewind the cable so that you can spin it the other way to lift it?

@kpj54256@kpj542564 жыл бұрын
    • I did end up doing this.

• LOL I was wondering the same thing as he was complaining.

@Sapper6098@Sapper60982 жыл бұрын
  • I have that exact same machine, except I paid $1500 for mine, that didn't include the the bottle jack, I had to drag it home myself. As for the cost of an actual punch press machine, you're probably looking at closer to 5k for a very old machine, that most likely runs on 550 v 3 phase, which is industrial, most shops won`t have that, so you would most likely need a phase converter another $1500 plus shipping for a decent one, then you have to hire a machine mover, easy another 2 k, then you have to set it up, you may need a thicker floor with a rubber mat. This is a chinese el cheepo, but it's a solid little press, we use it daily pressing steel parts, for what it is & it`s low cost, there`s nothing to complain about. You will need to modify it to what you need, it does have its limits. You don't buy the cheapest Hyundai car, believing it`s a top of the line Mercedes. You want a digital all hydraulic cnc press, your into hundreds of thousands. It`s slow, the cylinders will leak if you use it hard, in less than a year, you buy a new one for $130 .... I`m sure you could build a better heavier duty press yourself, cost you way more just doing that. You can go buy a custom sized piece of tool steel, or you can scrounge something from your local scrap yard for a few $$$$ .... It's all relative

@supersneakusa4492@supersneakusa44924 жыл бұрын
  • it sounds like your air setup isn't putting out enough flow ie cfm

@ethanwebb1666@ethanwebb16664 жыл бұрын
    • Yes this was part of the problem. I removed the regulator and it helped. I also had to modify the valves on the press. It would not fully seal shut.

• Use the hand pump you'll get there faster that air over hydraulic unit is garbage on all of these

@Paniro02@Paniro022 жыл бұрын
  • Take that boat winch off there and replace it with a worm drive winch that sells for about $10 more. Lots more power but slower of course.

@dmsentra@dmsentra Жыл бұрын
    • great idea!

• Of course you bent it. You cant put that kind of pressure over such a small area. Spread the load.

@jagboy69@jagboy692 жыл бұрын
  • Puts hand out to pad the metal object about to hit him in the face!!

@jibba0202@jibba02024 жыл бұрын
    • Well when you put it like that I sound super stupid. hahahaha I noticed this as well when I was editing the video. I wondered if somebody else would think the same thing.

• Awesome, 1st Comment!

@draelinson86@draelinson865 жыл бұрын
  • It's really unstable. I think it should be more stable if your not going to lag it to the floor maybe find a peice of heavy steel plate big enough to make it stable and stich weld it so it can sit flat on the floor.

@PJsmetalcraft@PJsmetalcraft2 жыл бұрын
    • Yes I totally agree. This is something I was going to do for a long time and has not yet got around to doing. I should really move it up on the priority list

@BecksArmory@BecksArmory2 жыл бұрын
  • jesus christ this guy is gonna seriously injure himself

@LilBigDude28@LilBigDude282 жыл бұрын
    • Well so far so good.

@BecksArmory@BecksArmory2 жыл бұрын
  • This press is dangerous. I have a Stenhoj 25 with none of the described problems.

@petericemanczyl2139@petericemanczyl21396 ай бұрын
  • Harbor freight 50 ton is heavier

@garybrown9719@garybrown97199 ай бұрын
  • This is very dangerous what you do without safety PPE

@XX-kf7mx@XX-kf7mx4 жыл бұрын
  • Looks like a pretty nice press but it can't help it if it's subjected to fantasy expectations. So you deliberately bent a nice new tool by doing something that no one would ever do to one of these in real life? Sorry I stopped here.

@ubob703Robert@ubob703Robert3 жыл бұрын
    • Hey if the speedometer on my car say 160 I'm gonna see for myself if it can get there...

@BecksArmory@BecksArmory3 жыл бұрын
    • I was thinking the same thing. Eaven if I was to ever need all 50 tons that this press would actually do I would never concentrate all the force dead center of the table. I run a 160 ton press daily there is just some stuff you dont do.

@PJsmetalcraft@PJsmetalcraft2 жыл бұрын
  • Bk

@bkairconditioner@bkairconditioner3 жыл бұрын
  • Good or bad, you aren't taking it back. Just an excuse to make a video and pick up a few bucks having others buy one.

@nothankyou5524@nothankyou55244 жыл бұрын
    • yes that makes total scene. Buy a tool that's over $1,000.00 so that I can make $20.00 in advertising revenue and deal with illogical trolls... It's clear that you in your infinite wisdom know all the motivations of all the people in the world that you've never met. Thank you so much for watching my video and donating $.10 to help cover the cost of this piece of shit press that I use all the time. It's nice to see that people spend all their time watching content they don't like to make them selves feel good about the rest of their life they don't like.

• 100000lbs of force and your talking shit that it bent?

@BigTsAutomotive@BigTsAutomotive2 жыл бұрын
  • Send it back minds harber fright keep it away from children’ 500 pounds could heart someone bad if it fall on them

@tomhale9863@tomhale98633 жыл бұрын
  • Hahaaa

@rogerabdallah23@rogerabdallah232 жыл бұрын
  • That whole SHEBANG is a pile of garbage and dangerous as hell! And using your hand to shield your face is NOT SAFE? Where is your common sense???

@marksarovich5534@marksarovich55343 жыл бұрын
  • This guy is a triggered snowflake; just what did he think he was going to get for$750.00? It's well known that Grizzlies cheap stuff is a kit in a box. Potentially a good starting point, but it'll need work. One of my neighbors swears by their top end woodworking equipment, but freely acknowledges that it costs more for the results.

@7891ph@7891ph3 жыл бұрын
    • Thanks for watching.

@BecksArmory@BecksArmory3 жыл бұрын
KZhead