VW T5 Transporter - How To Fix Sliding Door Lock Mechanism - Possible Issues

2024 ж. 12 Мам.
96 917 Рет қаралды

VW T5 Transporter - How To Fix Sliding Door Lock Mechanism - Possible Issues and what to look out for when your van or camper, doesn't always or won't unlock.
#caspervanlife #vanlife #vwcamper
Silcon Grease Aerosol : amzn.to/3s0vJG9
Thank you for watching... If you enjoyed the video or found it of use, please give it a thumbs up (or thumbs down if you didn't enjoy it), please consider subscribing, feel free to add any comments and don't forget to click the bell icon, so you never miss out on any of my future videos.
You can also find Casper Van Life on...
Instagram : / caspervanlife
Facebook : / casper-van-life-107115...
Any music featured in this video has been sourced from the KZhead Audio Library.

Пікірлер
  • Thanks! I sanded the contacts, loosened the bolts and realigned and sprayed mechanism with silicon. Not sure which one did the job, but after 3 years of it not working properly, it now works! Thank you 👍👍👍

@doglifehub@doglifehub2 жыл бұрын
    • That’s great to hear and what sharing ‘findings’ on KZhead is all about. Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated…👍

@caspervanlife8466@caspervanlife84662 жыл бұрын
  • Hi. Thank you. Explicas muy claro y vas al grano. Me he suscrito a tu canal para seguir aprendiendo

@yepuyada@yepuyada8 ай бұрын
    • Bueno 👍 thank you for your kind words…

@JesterBushcraft@JesterBushcraft2 ай бұрын
  • Omg you absolute legend - just removed that stupid screw and my door which I couldn’t open is now usable 🙌 thankyou so much

@fenellamett8939@fenellamett8939 Жыл бұрын
    • You are more than welcome. How stupid that such a small screw can cause so much of an avoidable problem…glad you’re sorted 👍

@caspervanlife8466@caspervanlife8466 Жыл бұрын
  • Hi Mick. New to your channel. Best of luck with it. I tried your fix. Spraying the buggery out of the mechanism worked a treat. Several weeks of the door opening when it fancied it, and a good dowse of silicon spray and it's opened every time since. Was just gonna book into a garage. Great advice which has saved me money. Thank you.

@stanjumble3567@stanjumble35672 жыл бұрын
    • Stan, that is so good to hear and what sharing videos on KZhead is all about. Thank you so much for your comment 👍

• Brilliant advice Mick. This problem has been a total nuisance for a loooong time! Sorted in one go after watching your vid. I was thinking it was something to do with the electrics - always seemed worse in wet weather for some reason. Anyway - it's good now. Thank you.

@wharfeego@wharfeego5 ай бұрын
  • saved my life, thank you!!

@mattcotomy9450@mattcotomy9450 Жыл бұрын
    • More than welcome… that’s what it’s all about, sharing the knowledge…👍

• Thank you for this!!! I was just about to set fire to the van in rage. Had the door card out the central locking mech out…,. Internal lock not fully opening. Thanks for your help.

@seanoxley77@seanoxley779 ай бұрын
  • good explanation , thanks, my slider wont stay open as there is something missing from the end of the track, the hook on the door works ok with the outside handle but theres nothing for it to hook onto , can you show what is down at the back end of the slider mech at the end of the track (on the van ) cheers .

@gramos9115@gramos911511 ай бұрын
  • Great video, thanks for the tip!!

@JB120thYT@JB120thYT2 жыл бұрын
    • Thanks mark, for your comment, much appreciated…

• Great vid, well though through. You would not think that people would be daft enough to put a screw through. Although if it was catching would you not see scoring on the button or is it too low ? Keep up the great content.

@garethsmith5726@garethsmith57262 жыл бұрын
    • Thanks Gareth, I did wonder that myself, but it could be just covered by the housing, where the potential ‘catching’ is occurring. Alls I know is, it now works 🤞 thanks again for your feedback, much appreciated…

• S Put th3 screw back in, does the problem come back. Would save a long winded video.

@gordonkerr01@gordonkerr012 жыл бұрын
    • Came here to make this same point. Why does he not put the screw back in and check that the problem comes back?? 😂

@PhillipHomer@PhillipHomer8 ай бұрын
  • My t5 is doing this constantly, have cleaned contacts, havent got screw forcurtain rail there. How difficult is it to take the door card off? Lock works sometimes, not others, and won't open from inside either with handle.

@peteranderson9161@peteranderson91614 ай бұрын
    • Peter, taking the door card off is easy enough, albeit a little time consuming, but worth a look behind if it’s a simple ‘WD40’ fix etc…

@JesterBushcraft@JesterBushcraft3 ай бұрын
  • If this mechanism is the same as a t6, you can look forward to years of the locks working for months followed by not working for weeks. I have had my transporter for around 3 years,( since it was 6 months old), and its a well known problem that I have had for all that time. It had the locks changed under warranty 2 or 3 times. I have tried greasing the mechanism but will try the silicon grease. Not handy when its a work van and it has racking and shelving meaning no access.

@vamboroolz1612@vamboroolz1612 Жыл бұрын
    • Thanks for the feedback, touch wood it’s been ok since I sprayed the silicon grease (or removed that bloody screw) 🤞

• Any idea what’s causing my sliding door to not slot into place , not to lock just to get it to shut , seems like somethings stopping it shut t5 05 plate

@Quirkemiester@Quirkemiester4 ай бұрын
    • Could be the plate that takes the locating lug on the door out of line or your rollers may be worn, causing the door to drop slightly, which would stop the locating pin sitting in the ‘cup’ on the pillar…

• Mine do that when theres been a frost

@mcjjordan@mcjjordan2 жыл бұрын
    • same here, it works in the summer, but not in the cold

@TheLeipurit@TheLeipurit Жыл бұрын
    • @@TheLeipurit mine is doing it now, winter, wondering if the cold has thickened the grease too much, door cards coming off today, silicon spray and grease at the ready

@tobesjh@tobesjh Жыл бұрын
    • @@tobesjh Did you get it sorted? I'm in same situation (fob only lifts the lock up in warm dry weather) and I've been going around and around online searches without success.

@mileswhite8004@mileswhite8004 Жыл бұрын
    • @@mileswhite8004 yes, I used silicon lubricant spray, got the door card off and the mechanism is well contained so I sprayed loads at it from every andle, and around the lock button, because its a vapour it was able to get through the available gaps, worked a treat. I used up my spray and replaced it with the wd 40 version, that has the thin tube attachment which would be even better. And just in case... to get the door card poppers out dont bother with a hex tool, they are not threaded, get a number 10 woodscrew, wind it in the hole a few turns and yank the whole lot out with a pair of pliers, that also works a treat and they can be re used. all the best.

@tobesjh@tobesjh Жыл бұрын
    • @@tobesjh Cheers, will give it a go when I've got time & before I spend £170 on a new door lock mechanism.

@mileswhite8004@mileswhite8004 Жыл бұрын
  • Mine does it,and there's no screws in it

@paulwalker4966@paulwalker49664 ай бұрын
    • Perhaps the WD40 will sort it 🤞

• Don't give up your day job

@iain5265@iain5265 Жыл бұрын
    • Ok 👍

• 10mins explaining it was a screw from curtains 😂?? And very brief and obviously not experienced in the technical side. Appreciate the video but there's no need for that length for a screw. Things like testing connections for live feeds and grounds, use of a multimeter, ruling out faults that's what people want. Don't mean to offend but I'm being honest

@markstewart6500@markstewart65002 жыл бұрын
    • Fair comment and yes you’re right I’m not experienced in the technical side. Just thought my findings may help others. Thanks for your comment…👍

• @@caspervanlife8466 just keep on doing what your doing great videos

@chrisdful@chrisdful Жыл бұрын
KZhead