Triumph T120 vs Triumph Speed Twin - Which Should You Buy?!

2023 ж. 19 Сәу.
112 219 Рет қаралды

In this video, we compare the Triumph T120 and Speed Twin to help you decide which classic-styled motorcycle to buy. We discuss differences in engine, power, weight, and riding characteristics, as well as braking and handling performance.
Enjoy!
Song: Slowfy - Sudden Fall
Music provided by Vlog No Copyright Music.
Video Link: bit.ly/3mDnuiW
Be sure to like, comment and subscribe for more!

Пікірлер
  • Which are you leaning towards and why. LET US KNOW! Both bikes offer great performance and style but what is more important to you?

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe. Жыл бұрын
    • Both.

@M4NA5@M4NA5 Жыл бұрын
    • Which one has less insurance? My 2018 street triple is expensive.

@jbean530@jbean53011 ай бұрын
    • @@jbean530 I don’t think there’s anything in it when it comes to insurance, my T120 up for renewal soon and will cost around 600

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.11 ай бұрын
    • I'm 6'2" so the Speed Twin is probably not an option.

@MrJohnnyorange@MrJohnnyorange11 ай бұрын
    • @@MrJohnnyorange T120 is for sure that bit beefier and planted

• having had both (and have settled on the T120). entirely down to the riding you plan to do. ST=mad, fun, short distances, in the dry (that rear mudguard a total waste of space). T120=everyday funster, more comfortable riding position for the taller rider, slightly easier to accommodate a pillion. Note-there's nothing between the two of them in terms of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...so that extra 21bhp on the ST is all about top end, whereas the T120 has low down grunt.

@johnling2919@johnling2919 Жыл бұрын
    • I have had both and agree with your observations, especially the grunt and the muck spreading...😅

@stevieneilson2451@stevieneilson2451 Жыл бұрын
    • Same here. Totally agree. I am lucky enough to have both and other than engine they are different bikes. ST= solo fun around town. 120 = wife on back going for mellow ride.

@loosingparts6159@loosingparts6159 Жыл бұрын
    • AGREE JUST LOOKING AT MORE LEG ROOM FOR THE PILLION. . I HAVE A ST900 AND UPGRADE TO THE T120 SOUINDS GOOD.@@loosingparts6159

@ed.t.hansen6499@ed.t.hansen64995 ай бұрын
  • I have a 2020 T120 Bonneville and I really like it! I put a pretty big windshield on it as well as some small saddle bags and a backrest for my wife. I also put a very free flowing exhaust system on it too. I'm a big guy and it hauls my wife and I down the interstate at the posted speed limit of 80 mph smoothly at around 3750 rpm and has power to spare. Rode it almost 300 miles last weekend in some very windy conditions and the T120 was very stable and handled it well - The windshield sure helps with the wind! Anyway, what first attracted me to this T120 Bonneville was the paint and just how nice everything looked. It's comfortable, smooth, and I love the engine! The torque it puts out is just where it's needed. As you can tell, I am really happy with my Bonneville. Thanks!!

@jason3985@jason3985 Жыл бұрын
  • Picking up my brand new T120 black tomorrow! Can’t wait!

@chriswarner2794@chriswarner2794 Жыл бұрын
    • Perfect timing for the riding season, enjoy Chris!

• i did 15k km with the t120 in a year and if i only had one bike i could keep, it would still be the t120. it's an obvious choice if you frequently carry a pillion, the slightly bigger dimensions does help a lot. Sometimes i do feel i might want slightly more power, but i'd never give up on the heft of the machine, feeling planted on windy days does feel great.

@rockyescape8989@rockyescape8989 Жыл бұрын
  • This review was awesome. I like that younger riders rate both bikes so highly and are not necessarily going with more sporty Speed Twin.

@peterwilliamson4296@peterwilliamson42969 ай бұрын
  • Great personal impression from country roads with nice scenery. Enjoyed watching it Cheers

@Fr99763@Fr99763 Жыл бұрын
  • I have 2020 Speed twin and love it, I added Bar Risers and that made a huge difference for me

@drussthelegend2046@drussthelegend2046 Жыл бұрын
  • Appreciate the info. I have an interceptor 650 and love the style of these bikes.

@advmike@advmike Жыл бұрын
  • I have both. The T120 is more docile. The ST is docile up to 3,500 rpms, but when you yank that throttle, your eyeballs are in the back of your head in a nanosecond ! Both are great urban sprinters but the St is more of a sport bike. They're mood bikes. Which one you ride depends on your mood at the time. If you're feeling mellow and at peace with the World at the time, the T120 settles the score. When the tiger in you prevails the ST is your pony.

@toradog5719@toradog571910 ай бұрын
    • Lucky guy. Great summary and very much in line with our points. Hope you enjoyed and be sure to sub

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.10 ай бұрын
    • Wonderful that you actually bought both. I currently own and ride the Bonneville Bobber, which I am definitely keeping, yet am still very tempted by the T120, in which the engines will be identical.

@winchester92stevebrook44@winchester92stevebrook444 ай бұрын
    • I also have a 2015 Thunderbird Nightstorm 1700. Brutal beast!!@@winchester92stevebrook44

@toradog5719@toradog57194 ай бұрын
  • Great video, guys! I'm itching to get back in the saddle and the Triumph modern classics are way up there on my list. Thanks for that comparison, it's definitely useful for guys like me who don't have any dealerships willing to let you take them for a spin. I rode everything from liter bikes to adventure bikes and everything in between. I guess aside from the great looks, these modern classics bring a lot to the experimented riders who want a ride that makes you smile even at low speeds. I haven't had the opportunity to ride any of these, but it seems to me like the T120 would check all the boxes. And as the saying goes: ''It's much more fun to go fast(er) on a slow bike, than going slow on a fast bike". Comfort, torque, relaxed ergonomics, sensible levels of performance, sturdiness, fun around town and on longer trips. Yep! I think it will be the T120 for me. Thanks guys!

@pg3390@pg3390 Жыл бұрын
  • I bought a new Thruxton R in 2016. I have other bikes but find the riding position of the Thruxton best for my aging 69 year old back. I fitted the Triumph quick release panniers and have done a lot of touring with the bike. Why not have a light sporty bike with great suspension when riding hard day in and day out? I also fitted the factory fairing which works very well, even in strong crosswinds. Longest tour so far 4500 kms. Longest single day 1100 kms from Twin Butte , Alberta to Vancouver BC in one long day. I was still able to walk afterward!

@glenbreaks5448@glenbreaks54484 күн бұрын
  • Mid to late sixties owned 2 Bonnie's then a white w/red stripes TT. This video takes me back. Well done with British aplomb. Thanks Alex and James 😊 👍

@randolphstephenson@randolphstephenson6 ай бұрын
  • As always boys, great vid. Honest and real. Glad I baught the 2023 ST1200 but I can see I would have been totally happy with the T120.

@jeremybyth7991@jeremybyth7991 Жыл бұрын
  • Hello from San Antonio Texas, love your content!

@echosierra5713@echosierra5713 Жыл бұрын
    • Nice one man, we’d love to visit Texas one day. Thanks for the comment be sure to stick around for more

• Great comparison video of two lovely bikes. I recently bought a T120 but have just traded it in for the Speed Twin which I get next week. I loved the T120 but there are two things in particular that I don't like. The peashooter pipes makes access to the chain adjusters impossible {even tried angled spanners but no good} and I refuse to remove the pipes every time I need to adjust the chain. Second thing is the spoke wheels which look great but have to be tubed making plugging the tyre in case of puncture impossible. Obviously I bought it knowing about this but thought I could live with it, but it bugs the hell out of me! I now look forward to the arrival of my ST and hopefully many happy years on it.

@victorway5503@victorway55038 ай бұрын
    • Great comments and tips regarding tube tires and chain adjustments. Looking seriously at these bikes. Thx 👍

@DJ-xl8xh@DJ-xl8xh3 күн бұрын
  • Owned a 21 plate T120 for the last two years and have just changed to a new Speed Twin, the T120 feels more planted due to the larger heavier wheels (I’d removed quite a lot of weight by completely removing the pea shooters) and is pretty fast for what it is, but it scrapes the pegs early on roundabouts. The Speed Twin is faster, and has much better brakes, but isn’t as stable feeling and due to the shorter gearing takes more work to go quick compared to being able to stay in gear longer on the T120. I preferred the looks of the T120, it’s definitely the prettier bike, but the performance of the Speed Twin won me over (I’m now in the process of making it look a bit closer to my previous T120)

@britalian_biker@britalian_biker9 ай бұрын
    • is it easy to get your hands on spoked wheels that fit well?

@Siggi-Bear@Siggi-BearАй бұрын
  • Superb, upload. Thank you gentlemen.

@grantchanin2878@grantchanin2878 Жыл бұрын
    • Thanks man, stick around for more

• Thanks for the video, guys. I'm leaning more towards the T120, but your video provides a lot of valuable information to take into consideration. Now I know that I should try both of them 🤣

Жыл бұрын
    • Nice one man, be sure to come back and let us know what you get 👍🏻

• I have a 2016 T120 that I love. I changed the suspension to Hagons, and put in the progressive springs in the front. I'm not an expert when it comes to suspension, but I noticed right away that the bike feels much more settled over pot holed gravel roads and I can go a lot faster in those conditions. I also de-catted it with a Motion X-pipe, and it give more power with less throttle lag. Also a nicer sound. And finally, I put on BC Customs Predator pipes, that lost a bit of weight, better sound (I can hear them while wearing ear plugs), and access to the rear wheel axel nuts. All in, a lot of improvements for not much money.

@jerryhutchison8952@jerryhutchison8952 Жыл бұрын
    • With those mods, it must be a sportier ride. I'm not a fan of the pea shooter cans so cone type are good. Sounds like you've got it sorted great.

@tedcity5861@tedcity586110 ай бұрын
    • What about weight, balance , top heavy ?

@user-fv1576@user-fv1576Ай бұрын
  • Thank you for this great review, it helps a lot to decide. I think I would choose the T120

@UlasYolda@UlasYoldaАй бұрын
  • Ive had my 2017 T120 for three years and have never looked back. The only bike i like the styling of more is the bonnie bobber and it isn't quite as practical for what i use my bike for, so i made the correct choice, hands-down

@piggystims702@piggystims70219 күн бұрын
  • Nice vid guys, keep biking

@inspectorclouseau3880@inspectorclouseau388017 күн бұрын
  • Good comparative video of two bikes I really like. Where are you? The Peak District, or further north? T120 for me.

@user-sw2lv3zp6o@user-sw2lv3zp6o Жыл бұрын
  • Excellent revue of these Beautiful bikes! I'm with Alex, as in I'd go for the T120! Purely because I'm 53 now and had all the Sports bikes, (Survived) now I want to do more Touring in comfort and grace! I am still not sure between the Tiger Sport 660 or the T120? But my next bike will be a Triumph!

@m12ttd@m12ttd Жыл бұрын
  • THANK YOU from the Cayman Islands! Loved every bit of the content. Seems like I will have to buy both someday in the near future when I am in India :) Would have loved to hear your reviews of the stock exhaust notes of each motorbike. Seems like the T12O has more stronger notes. Best, Anoop Cayman Islands/India

@KITCHU3@KITCHU3 Жыл бұрын
    • Thanks Anoop, we did actually record the exhaust notes but it didn't make the final cut in the end! T120 has a bit of a deeper grumble and makes unique exhaust pea shooter pops which sound great. The Speed Twin is a bit less grumbly but still very deep tones from the parallel twin, I don't think there's a massive difference between the stock exhausts and the Vance and Hines, doing a decat would create a more profound difference, something we may get around to soon!

• Good video lads I went for the speedmaster but I love them all 👍

@shaunlayton9814@shaunlayton9814 Жыл бұрын
    • Thanks Shaun! A beauty of a machine the Speedmaster, would love to have a go on it one day 🤞

• Waiting for my T120 Black to come to Norway. Hope to be on the Road in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait😎☀️

@jarleygarden3671@jarleygarden3671 Жыл бұрын
    • Nice one man. Enjoy it be sure to sub for more

• Er du fornøyd med sykkelen 1 år etterpå? 😊

@elspiro@elspiro13 күн бұрын
  • Great comparison!! Thanks!! Is the T120 jet black color?

@rafaelfluxarodriguez3104@rafaelfluxarodriguez31042 ай бұрын
  • I can imagine the Speed Twin being quite a fun bike. Lighter and more flickable. Perhaps the T120 on longer expressways. People who buy the T120 in general won’t give a damn about technicals or speed. And yes it’s known as the Gentleman’s Bike. And I own a new T120 and a XMax Scooter. Cheers NZ.

@johnmartin7158@johnmartin7158 Жыл бұрын
    • In reality when we say performance based we mean it’s just the better performer of the two in terms of speed and cornering. But really both perform great, just different styles of riding, end of the day it’s the same engine. But ye agreed for me (Alex) I just love that matte black old school looks. Glad you enjoyed man

• Hi John.I'm Ummming & ahhhhing about next bike maybe T100 or Speedtwin 900 or Speedtwin 1200 think 🤔 T120 might be a tad to heavy. If get a Speedtwin 1200 be second hand though & be later in the year.My body has healed as best it's going to get but much stronger now than when first got Trident 🔱.

@ruahinesrider@ruahinesriderАй бұрын
    • @@ruahinesrider Definitely you would enjoy the 1200 Speed Twin. I think your friend from Papamoa has one. If you’re riding regularly as every weekend that would be the go. Hopefully you can get a good deal during the winter.

@johnmartin7158@johnmartin7158Ай бұрын
    • @@johnmartin7158 It'll be in 3-4 months time when I'll be looking.

@ruahinesrider@ruahinesriderАй бұрын
  • Had 2 of the T120 Black models on my channel now, and slightly modded both, love the T120 but we are about to buy the Speed Twin for the channel, as really want to try that to compare, so if anyone is interested in see what I think of both bikes too, take a look. Great video comparison BTW guys 😁

@Budget-Cars-And-Bikes@Budget-Cars-And-Bikes6 ай бұрын
  • Great Video Guy's, Just a bit off topic, why are there so many cars parked on the roadside in the middle of nowhere?

@jockofthebushveld299@jockofthebushveld2999 ай бұрын
  • Good comparison.

@ruffleschips9055@ruffleschips9055 Жыл бұрын
  • Nice video. But they certainly are not 10,000 pounds new. More like £12,000. I went for the t120 goldline and love it

@ilikelampshades6@ilikelampshades6 Жыл бұрын
  • Interesting to hear your thoughts. I was particularly interested in what you had to say regarding the T120 as I'm on the cusp of doing a part exchange with my 2019 Street Triple for a 2017 T120. My first bike was the Street Scrambler, I loved it but wanted something more sporty, and so swapped to the Street Triple. After having it for a year, I've realised that I ride more for the experience of getting out on 2 wheels and having a wee adventure, but the Street Triple eggs you on to ride more aggressively (as well as being less comfortable for a full day of riding). I'll miss the Street Triple massively, it's such a sublime bike to ride, but if I can only have 1 bike at the moment I want something a bit more relaxed. The T120 seems to fit that bill, as well as having more power over the Scrambler. Cheers gents.

@Chambers_90@Chambers_90 Жыл бұрын
    • Love the street scrambler and learnt on a street triple. T120 is a great choice. Just a solid bike that offers a planted ride with all the power there when needed. Hope you enjoy it and be sure to drop a sub for more 🤘🏻

• Beautiful and stylish bikes for young and older gentlemen.

@Sandro-vx3yx@Sandro-vx3yx Жыл бұрын
  • great review

@stanleylawson9015@stanleylawson9015 Жыл бұрын
    • Thanks man be sure to drop a sub and stick around for more

• @@NoPlaceToBe. did the first so along for the ride

• @@stanleylawson9015 legend

• So managed to get into a dealer to check out these two and for me it’s the t220 in Augean blue and fusion white simply stunning Was wondering if you knew if there’s a difference in weight from say 2019 model to current as current is so light and easygoing? But big price difference between the two

• @@stanleylawson9015 I don’t know if there is, would be worth a Google. I doubt there’s any difference in weight and it’s probably more to do with other bells and whistles they’ve added

• I went with a '22 Speed Twin 1200. It is great. Can be a complete hooligan in sheep's clothing.

@amok42@amok42 Жыл бұрын
  • Should be testing the T120 against the current model of Speed Twin 1200

@user-hs9uw6du1o@user-hs9uw6du1o4 ай бұрын
    • Nice one mate, hope this vid helps and be sure to come back and let us know what you think 👍🏻

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.4 ай бұрын
    • @@NoPlaceToBe. LOL!! I won a 2023 Speed Twin 1200. T120 is not for me.

@user-hs9uw6du1o@user-hs9uw6du1o4 ай бұрын
  • Excellent review and a great, objective way to do it. I looked at/look at both back in 2019 on a downsize in weight from bigger and bulkier machines. I loved both but not without reservations. I have to confess for a number of reasons - dealer location being one - my path went down a different route to the other retro-machine which seems to be in competition, the Z900RS, and now on to an Interceptor. The T120 torque is addictive, and lovely. I did find the weight an issue. Solo it was manageable, but with pillion/wife I struggled on back roads and at junctions. Your comment about lower seat and bent legs is my explanation. An already heavy, and top heavy feel to the T120, a taller bike gives a firmer leg down with a pillion. Out on dual roads, the T120 is an easy two-up machine. When I returned to the dealer, with a thoughtful look, he threw the Speed Twin (this was 1200, series 1) keys to me with a smile. In contrast to the T120, the Speed Twin felt right immediately. SO much lighter, slightly less 'grunt' but swift acceleration, far less 'loco-like pulling great weight'. It poured with rain soon after I set off, yet at no point did I feel insecure or spoil the test. Starting to dry out later in the test, I still loved it. However, I can relate to your comparisons and things like longer distance comfort certainly understand. I know many not seduced by sheer capacity claim the T100 is a better bike than the T120, and having ridden that, I have to agree. I believe slightly different geometry and a lovely engine - that may be my choice of the twins. I'd have to ride the Street/Speed twin 900 which I haven't. There are other aspects to ownership such as daily use, cleaning and so on to consider. To be fair, the excellent Interceptor is actually everything I need in a bike, but the Triumph twins still hold great attraction.

@davgb7904@davgb7904 Жыл бұрын
    • Nice man, great comment. It’s hard review in some cases because although the differences are somewhat objective they can be interpreted as pros or cons depending what you want as a rider. Interceptor is a cool bike too 🤘🏻. Glad you enjoyed and be sure to drop a sub for more

• You seem like a very experienced riding with bigger displacement engines and I'm curious what do you like about Interceptor?

@muttineni03@muttineni032 ай бұрын
    • @@muttineni03 Hmm, well, lot of experience over 45 years - /hopefully/ giving me some experience as a rider :-) In my early 20s, when a 750cc like the CB750/4 was considered big and the first superbike 900s appeared, I went to a BMW R90S and barely rode anything smaller until a few years ago in my early 60s! The fashion is for larger and larger capacity. We forget that the useable (sensible, safe) performance of those bikes a fraction of what they offer. Power to weight ratio is fine until you just can't use it over a certain level (it doesn't need to be as big 'as you can make it' unless you're on the race or drag track!). They are generally bigger, heavier... The T120 feels hefty and heavy. The Speed Twin is much better, (considered) light by modern standards - although still quite heavy. The capacity is such that again, you'll rarely be able to use the raw power out of them and they spend a lot of time - as I did with the otherwise superb Z900RS - 'grumbling' along, able to pull from any speed without need for gearchanges and wanting to be given more. That's where the step down to the T100 makes for a more fun and engaging bike. Lower but more interesting power to weight for all round use. Then down another step, the Interceptor needs far more work, more skill to get the best from it. It needs to use most of it's range to make progress, and to get gears right. Challenging, engaging, far more of a riders machine. A great power to weight ratio. It still chatters along calmly when needed for a more relaxed ride. It's air-cooled, simpler all round, handles well with it's Harris designed chassis and is two thirds the price of the T100 or Street (Speed 900) Twin. There's an 865cc kit available to bring it back up if the 650cc disappoints. I debated again on getting the Speed Twin, but bought the Interceptor with a Scram 411 (traded in the Z900RS). Even the 411 has given me enormous fun I'd forgotten a smaller bike can. I had forgotten how engaging the whole lower performance machines are. Downside (and that applies to the Z, the ST and also the Inty) is above the speed limit it gets uncomfortable with no wind protection. For longer trips, I also have a VStrom 650 which is better suited to dual roads with some wind protection. But for single roads, twisties and even back lanes, both RE's are superb. And much as I love a larger bike, I now think 650 is more than ample, probably 'ideal' and bigger is just unnecessary and less fun...for UK roads anyway.

@davgb7904@davgb79042 ай бұрын
    • @@davgb7904 I'd love to talk to experienced people like you makes me enjoy my bike mote, I have 2 RE 350 and an Interceptor which is think feels very different compared to single cylinder 350 hunter and pulls easily on any speed and stable on road and I can twist throttle to 4-5rpm just for fun sometimes without vibrations, can't do that on single cylinder, I don't understand power to weight ratio much after getting Interceptor i understand it's a performance machine so looking into better engine oil and aftermarket stuff, but first trying to understand the bike as it's my first parallel twin. I'm not big fan of bigger agressive bikes like z900 as they need better roads and skill which I need to spend more time on, but I'm really interested in Triumph t120 or t100 if I ever feel like an upgrade. I like torque machines i guess.

@muttineni03@muttineni032 ай бұрын
    • @@muttineni03 Power to weight is just a simple measure of dividing power by weight to compare machines. T120 is about 79hp and weighs 236kg so 79/236=0.33. T100 comes out at 0.28 and Interceptor at 0.21. A 125hp Gold Wing works out about 0.32, so the T120 just tops it despite being less cc and less hp because the Gold Wing is so heavy. In contrast a light weight, low power two stroke can be a high figure and perform like a rocket, outperforming a T120. In /simple/ terms I think a figure of 0.2-0.25 is a lot of fun without being too boring or too powerful! Out on the road, there's a lot more to it.

@davgb7904@davgb79042 ай бұрын
  • Nice video. It’s the t120 for me, but both are stunning bikes.

@theolneyrider@theolneyrider Жыл бұрын
    • Agreed we’d happily take either, both great 👍🏻 be sure to sub for more

• I bought a 2023 T-120 Black because it's maybe just a bit better for touring but it was difficult to choose between the two. I had a Speedmaster prior to this bike but I rode sport-tourers prior to that.

@steveoconnor7069@steveoconnor7069Ай бұрын
  • Loved this channel as I'm deciding on my first bike. Can I ask what mirrors you put on the T120?

@tydanielson7122@tydanielson7122 Жыл бұрын
    • Any of these would be a solid first bike choice. It’s what we did. Mirrors were fitted by the dude I bought it off so no idea. You can find a lot of similar options though if you search bar end mirrors T120 into Google. Glad you enjoyed and be sure to sub for more

• I was torn between these two but as a beginner I went for the Street Twin as it is slightly smaller than the T120. And I love the Street Twin. Absolutely great video by the way - where is it you are riding?

@JB-pp4nj@JB-pp4nj Жыл бұрын
    • Both are great options. Thanks man we’re in the Peak District 🤘🏻 be sure to drop a sub for more

• Thank you for a great video. I am awaiting collection on my 24 plate T120 - as a disabled rider, I never thought I would be able to pass a bike test let alone have something this beautiful. The ST is simply too sporty for me, not my style. Can I ask. What are your brown leather gloves, they look great with the black leather jacket.

@simonwait3664@simonwait3664Ай бұрын
    • Amazing man, enjoy it. Both our gloves are from garibaldi Spain (can get them on a few websites). James’ are black and I have the Tan ones. Good gloves but not great in rain aha. Enjoy mate and be sure to drop a sub to stick around for more vids 🤘🏻

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.Ай бұрын
  • I went with the 2022 Speed Twin 1200. Ohlins shocks and damper, K-Tech Racing forks, Michelin Road 6 tires, x-pipe and a custom dyno tune has it putting 103hp and 85Tq to the rear wheel... Looks largely stock, but you can rail it like a sport bike and do track days on it if you want...

@SquireSCA@SquireSCA Жыл бұрын
    • interesting. I thought euro5 wouldnt take a tune .

• One can tour on anything. I took my Speed Twin to Southern France from London and then along the Pyrenees From Biarritz to Ripol in Spain and back. TBF I had to change the shocks soon after I bought it as the originals are so bad I couldnt ride it and I used an airhawk seat for the trip but it's a cracking bike that can do it all.

@hollowaysteve@hollowaysteve Жыл бұрын
    • Ye man we completely agree, gotta look cool whilst you do it. Glad you enjoyed be sure to drop a sub 👍🏻

• Did the same last year on my ST. Watford - Cherbourg - Tarn - Pyrenees - San Sebastian - Bilbao for the ferry home. Majority back roads and bike was faultless apart from some peeling engine paint, probably the Summer heat.

@meepmeep634@meepmeep634 Жыл бұрын
  • Thanks guys, but I'm still going to have to test both machines to make the decision! Theoretically I prefer the Speed Twin because it is lighter and has cast wheels which are easier to clean and maintain, but the more relaxed riding style of the T120 is closer to how I like to travel. I suspect that the factor that will tip the balance will be comfort.

@rodbowes5309@rodbowes53092 ай бұрын
    • Hi mate, thanks for watching and 100% agree with what you’re saying. Both bikes are top, Be sure to sub and stick around, we have loads of vids lined up after what’s been a horrible few winter months

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.2 ай бұрын
  • That is absolutely stunning countryside to ride through

@MetalCooking666@MetalCooking6664 ай бұрын
    • Peak District in Yorkshire is a great little day out, we spend a lot of time there. Be sure to drop a sub and check some other vids out for more 🤘🏻

• @@NoPlaceToBe. will do!

@MetalCooking666@MetalCooking6664 ай бұрын
    • Looks like was heading up to bolstersone from lady bower

@leebo5555666@leebo55556662 ай бұрын
  • Get both! On the used market you can buy both for the price of one new something something and have far less fun riding that than riding either of these. Ride the Speed Twin for blasting around and the Bonnie for participating in the Gentleman's Ride on Sundays. No matter which you get, either will be the best bike you ever owned.

@bluewickedburner@bluewickedburnerАй бұрын
    • Couldn't have said It better ourselves!

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.Ай бұрын
  • Excellent review gents. I have a 2019 Speed Twin (Grey) and had a huge dilemma before buying it...But I made the right choice. Love the slightly sporty ride with retro looks....Now adding exhausts and other trinkets to personalise.

@chrisnapier6623@chrisnapier6623 Жыл бұрын
  • Both bikes look amazing, I wouldn’t know which to pick but I don’t have the money for any of them either. May I ask what Jackets you were wearing?

@kentower@kentower23 күн бұрын
  • Great to hear your thoughts on both bikes. I have already gone for the Speed Twin which I collect on Thursday. I think there’s still a bit of hooligan in this old boy.

@Chompwat@Chompwat Жыл бұрын
    • Thanks again for the comment Chompy, hope you enjoy the speed twin! 🙏👌

• As a daily commute rain hail and shine , I have 19,000 ks on my T120. I still want to tour and ride as much as I can even when not commuting. I commuted on a Speed, during summer the heat from the engine is uncomfortable.

@informedcarpet@informedcarpet Жыл бұрын
  • I’m 6.1 with a 36 inseam and am sat really well on my Speed Twin. On longer journeys I doo feel I could use a bit more hight, but it ain’t no biggie.

@tomryner5830@tomryner58308 ай бұрын
  • Nice video and informative - thanks. Currently own a much under used daytona 955i and although it's hardly an extreme sports bike have always found the riding position a bit uncomfortable. Have been thinking of trading it in for the Speed Twin as I like its sportier side but I also lke the slightly more comfortable T120. In the real world both bikes would be more comfortable than my current ride, think I would still go for the former though I'm sure that both models have more than enough power than I could exploit.

@robertmears8558@robertmears8558 Жыл бұрын
    • Ye man like we said you’d be happy with either but the slight differences just add up to different riding styles. Sometimes non sports bikes are more fun too as you are riding them at the high end of their abilities where as sport bikes need tracks etc to fully appreciate. Hope this vid helped Be sure to drop a sub 🙏

• Well I'm 6'2 and 245lbs carrying pillion from time to time and I bought a T120 because it's much bigger and more comfortable. Speed Twin feels tiny and does not have much room for a pillion. However if I haven't had more sporty bike (Street Triple RS) in my stable and this would be my only motorcycle, I would go with a Speed Twin.

@martinmatouch5347@martinmatouch5347 Жыл бұрын
  • The ride you did was on country roads. The gearing seems to be different between the ST 1200 and the T120. Assuming both of yours have kept the standard gearing, can you tell me two things: 1. Do you have to shift a bunch more on the ST1200? At say 65 MPH in 6th, what is the ST1200 turning and what is the T120 doing for RPMs?

@JonSaperia@JonSaperia4 ай бұрын
  • T120 all day for me lads! But quality on both is superb!

@easyridertenerife@easyridertenerife Жыл бұрын
    • Thanks man glad you enjoyed. Be sure to sub 🤘🏻

• Can you have straight exhaust put on the Speed Twin? I like that classic look.

@bigbadvicHo@bigbadvicHo3 күн бұрын
  • Great video, I have the T120 black, where did you get your seat?

@Mallibon-fu1jh@Mallibon-fu1jh Жыл бұрын
    • Nice one man. It’s from a company call motone. The seat is called the “Motone rattler”. They have some sick mods for T120s

• Great video guys, very informative. Question, if the Speed Twin has the HP (High Power) more powerful engine, how come the T120 sounds beefier? Does it have a different exhaust/Muffler? why does it sound stronger?

@31acruz@31acruz9 ай бұрын
    • T120 has high torque engine, they tend to sound a tad "beefier", also has twin pea shooter exhausts which create a different tone compared to the speed twin Vance and Hines on show here. We've just put an Xpipe on the speed twin and that really helped bring it to life, both sound great 👍

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.9 ай бұрын
    • @@NoPlaceToBe. thanks, yes the Pea shooter on the T 120 sounded great. Is it made by Norman Hyde (Pea shooter) or Vance and Hines (Pea shooter) they both make one.

@31acruz@31acruz9 ай бұрын
  • Hi guys, great video! Which of the two would be better for 6"2 (188cm) tall guy? Or are they too small?

@ukaszczekaa3061@ukaszczekaa30616 ай бұрын
    • Hi mate, glad you enjoyed. I think you would be able to get away with this for sure on either one. especially the 1200cc engines. The T120 is that little bit more “bulky” but the heights are the same. I would for sure go to a show room and check it out in person to see how it feels before deciding which you prefer. Hope this vid helped, Thanks 🤘🏻

@alexbanham2701@alexbanham27016 ай бұрын
  • Triumph makes a high-quality bike you wonu be disappointed with

@JohnCunningham-sy5ug@JohnCunningham-sy5ugАй бұрын
  • I choose T120, for me it was better riding position and overall character of the bike. I hope I will enjoy mine as much as you do :) great video!

@mikoajlatocha265@mikoajlatocha265 Жыл бұрын
    • Nice one man. I love it, thanks for watching and be sure to drop a sub 🤘🏻

• Does the T120 have wheels with Black spokes??? If so whereabouts did you get them?? I want some for my T120 Black 🙏🙏🙏🙏

@Wellin220365@Wellin220365 Жыл бұрын
  • either one is great; IF it had tpms, engine temps, traction control, more riding modes. how can they compare with full features of the tiger GT pro ?.. and for the same price

@ed.t.hansen6499@ed.t.hansen64993 ай бұрын
  • Great video I like the speed twin very much 👍

@shingerz@shingerz Жыл бұрын
  • T100 for me. I have one on the way.

@robgerety@robgerety5 ай бұрын
  • Having owned both the difference for me is the speed twin and can do everything the t120 does, but is actually a very capable handling bike

@alexpryce555@alexpryce555 Жыл бұрын
  • I like the video. You guys are both right. Upgraded go fast bits on the speed twin are undeniably better no matter what speed you go, the T120, one gear down, will murder the Speed Twin in any race. Same gear, same roll on, the Speed Twin will murder the T120. . .so you can get a T120 to act like a speed twin, but you really can’t get a speed twin to act like a T120. . .Why I have a T120, but think the Speed Twin is a more easily aggressive.

@jabjab1010@jabjab1010 Жыл бұрын
    • Huh?

@allnighterist@allnighterist Жыл бұрын
  • The Bonnie looks the best to me.

@j.d.thompson3505@j.d.thompson350511 ай бұрын
  • I have a ninja 1000sx 2020 at the moment, great bike blah blah, but zero character, I thinking of the T120

@dozer877@dozer8772 күн бұрын
  • The seat on the black trumpet is nice and suits the bike what make is it

@georgearcher5696@georgearcher5696 Жыл бұрын
    • It’s the motone customs rattler seat. Really cool brand and have some sick mods

• Is that the standard seat on the T-120 ? It looks really comfortable. I'd slap it on the ST in a heartbeat.

@rottweilerfun9520@rottweilerfun95202 ай бұрын
    • It’s not it’s the motone rattler seat, they do a lot of custom things for bonnes

@NoPlaceToBe.@NoPlaceToBe.2 ай бұрын
  • Nice bikes, speed twin for me, just a point l think you'll find a difference if you tighten up the throttle on the bars.

@6lr6ak6@6lr6ak68 ай бұрын
  • Dear bikers, question, which seat is the one on the Bonnie T120? it looks comfortable. Please mark and I will see if it is available in Germany. Tk u in advance. CMD from Germany.

@Dante-do6ju@Dante-do6juКүн бұрын
  • Heart is in favor of Speed Twin, but Bank balance is in favor of Speed 400 !

@sathishrao7926@sathishrao79269 ай бұрын
  • Which bike grounds out first?

@DaveSunderland@DaveSunderland7 күн бұрын
  • FINAL COMMENTS ; ARE WHAT I WANT IN THE T120 FOR PASSENGERS; HEAVIER; UPRIGHT; COMFORT.

• Could the Street twin be made to look and feel like a Bonneville?

@bigbadvicHo@bigbadvicHo3 күн бұрын
  • My confusion vanished T120 IT IS

@GPS379@GPS379 Жыл бұрын
    • Nice one man, glad we helped, be sure to drop a sub whilst you’re here 🤘🏻

• @@NoPlaceToBe. Done 👍

@GPS379@GPS379 Жыл бұрын
  • were they bought brand new from a dealer ? if so how have they been? my concern is not british made...so the quality might be less

@johnbanks4761@johnbanks47616 ай бұрын
    • Both bought second hand, T120 had about 4k miles on the clock. The speed twin only has about 1000 miles on it. We’ve currently done about 10k in two years and both had no issues with them at all. I think most modern cars / bikes tend to be quite reliable these days

@alexbanham2701@alexbanham27016 ай бұрын
  • Is it normal for the throttle cable to move with the ST grip when open/closing it ? doesnt seem right....

• It’s probably the heated grips. ST is throttle by wire.

@SirTrizzle@SirTrizzle5 ай бұрын
    • It’s probably the heated grips. ST is throttle by wire.

@SirTrizzle@SirTrizzle5 ай бұрын
  • where did you get the seat rail for the T120

@acherouvis@acherouvis Жыл бұрын
    • It’s the motone customs rattler seat 🤘🏻

• Speed twin, I prefer the sportier look

@stevemoores510@stevemoores51010 ай бұрын
  • Whats the seat on the t120? Looks great.

@dianedownie5951@dianedownie59514 ай бұрын
    • Motone rattler seat. Motone do some really good customs for triumph bikes, deffo worth a look if your into little mods

• I traded my T120 for a Speed Twin. I much prefer the ST, as it suits my riding style. The ST handles so much better than the Bonnie, and it pulls so much harder. Both are great bikes!

@TheMickvee@TheMickvee9 ай бұрын
  • Which way you lean...:) How camp and how funny. You are like the quiet one in the pet shop boys. Hilarious.

@eyedoclondon@eyedoclondon Жыл бұрын
  • Possiedo una speed twin ma vorrei in garage anche la 120 …. L’ideale averle entrambi

@stefanoturolla9359@stefanoturolla93599 ай бұрын
  • Keine von beiden. Ich habe bereits eine Triumph Street Twin in matt schwarz und bin damit glücklich. :-) Aber wenn ich die nicht hätte, würde ich mich definitiv für eine T100/120 entscheiden. Ich mag den Stil.

@thorpluto4527@thorpluto4527 Жыл бұрын
  • Bought a 900 last month Wrecked it 3 weeks ago Watched it explode into a million pieces Cried profusely Cashed out on insurance Proceeded to buy a 1200

@diswazzi1683@diswazzi1683 Жыл бұрын
    • That’s so stupid! We love it.

• Which would be better for riding with a passenger?

@SColmant@SColmant10 ай бұрын
    • Good question and we can’t answer through trying it out and comparing but I can’t see their been too much of a difference. The T120 is just that bit bigger so maybe handles the weight but I don’t think this would affect it too much (if at all). Not the best help on this one. Test rides would always be the best option

• Both are great with pillion and both have a similar size flat back seat, T120 is a little larger and more forgiving though if you're doing lots of pillion journeys. I'd suggest you test them both 👍

• 20kg lighter and 18 more Hp,more Torque.......No contest! Speed Twin outshines.

@g.g.6362@g.g.6362 Жыл бұрын
  • For new watchers, maybe say what bike you are talking about because I know I couldnt differentiate between your voices and which bike belong to whom.

@Siggi-Bear@Siggi-BearАй бұрын
  • State of the roads ffs 😮😮😮I thought it was bad round here!! (Highlands)

@finmac5548@finmac554810 ай бұрын
    • watch the scotland vids. they are pretty poor around here. Wales is the best place we've been for roads

• What a great review, but you could have washed the T120!

@flexywing@flexywing Жыл бұрын
    • Ahaha believe it or not I did before I left, we were out a about an hour before filming and just managed to get dirty again 🥲

• SO MANY REVIEWS SAYING THE STREET TWIN IS BETTER THAN SPEED . LOOKS COMFORT ETC. LOWERING PEGS HARD TO FIND SO PASSENGER GETS MORE LEG ROOM ON THE BONNY. NOT INTO SPORTY POSITION; NEED HANDEBAR RISERS TO SIT UPRIGHT. HANDLEBARS SHOULD HAVE A BEND TO LEAN BACK.

• What seat is that in the t120?

@unknownsoldier3610@unknownsoldier361011 ай бұрын
    • Motone Rattler seat

• talk of one being tubed tyres ?

@ed.t.hansen6499@ed.t.hansen64993 ай бұрын
KZhead